Professional Immersion Ecotherapy Learning Objectives
Immersion Ecotherapy Learning Objectives
- Explain three key steps to create a safe and supportive group nature connection experience.
- Describe two ecotherapy techniques that can be used for participants to introduce themselves to a group.
- Describe how to lead two sensory awareness ecotherapy practices for individuals or groups.
- Explain how to structure individual time in nature to reflect on a particular life challenge, and how to integrate these experiences with somatic mirroring.
- Demonstrate the ability to help an individual client regulate their nervous system in a natural setting.
- Explain how you will adapt and apply one somatic ecotherapy practice to your current modalities and client population.
- Describe three key components for designing healing and restorative nature-based interventions.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead an outdoor group ecotherapy practice utilizing at least two of the key components for nature-based interventions.
- Describe three group ecotherapy practices appropriate for use with your client population.
- Create a plan for utilizing ecotherapy practices in your personal and professional life, incorporating two personal practices and three professional techniques.
- Describe one intervention you can use to evoke a quality of the four key natural elements (water, air, fire and earth) for therapeutic benefit.
- Explain how to practice Authentic Movement in nature to activate imagination.
- Identify an ongoing relationship with one aspect of nature (tree, stream, creature) and explain how this relationship offers personal or professional guidance.
- List the four aspects of The Work that Reconnects spiral and describe how to use one of them in a therapeutic setting.
- Explain how to apply one therapeutic intervention for eco-grief, eco-anxiety or climate change-related issues.
- Describe one intervention to facilitate connection to awe and sacredness in the natural world to lessen depression and anxiety or increase well-being.
- List three steps of outdoor ecotherapy sessions and describe how to integrate them into your therapeutic modality.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead an individual ecotherapy session that integrates at least three of the seven steps of outdoor ecotherapy.